• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
CopperBottom

Heater Fan Upgrade

CopperBottom

Yes, I know it's a "querk" of having a 205 is the heater fan is as strong as a mozzies sneeze...

However with combo of old door and window seals and cold temps it takes an age to defog my windscreen

Is there a fan motor that can be used from another pug that's a plug and play fitting and is capable of defoggin a windscreen in a reasonable amount if time???

Cheers

welshpug

Does it warm up in a reasonable time? (i.e is the engine thermostat working properly)

Is the heater matrix warming up nicely? (i.e not blocked)

Is the fan reaching full power via the controls?

If that's all good I;d replace the fan with a new one, not tried any other models yet though as I have no issues with my unit.

The quirk is purely due to the age of the cars IMO, much like poor idling, poor fuel economy, heavy clutches, etc!

CopperBottom

Yeah it warms up fine and the fan speed does vary with the controls as it should, it's just it's flat out speed is fairly pathetic.

I'd equate it to about half speed of the fan on my 300zx (which granted is 1995 car, but the fan unit is that same as the 1989 cars, and my pug is a 1990)

Baz

No idea what you mean, 205 fans are pretty pokey tbh when in good fare.

• Like 2

JRL

If all is working and you want things to blow hotter then you could try flushing the heater matrix out althougth some people have experienced leaks after as most are very old and have unclogged something stopping it leak. You could also try removing the fan and vacum or blow out the mass of leaves accumulated and make sure it spins freely. I have always belived 205s take a little time to warm up but when they have they really kick some heat out into the cabin.

CopperBottom

Just to clarify, the temperature of the heat is fine and as I would expect.

My query purely relates to fan speed. Although I have full adjustment

CopperBottom

Grrr bloody phone!

Although I have full control of the fan speed (the the speed increases and decreases as I think it should with the controls) the actual speed of the fan and the amount of air it blows I think is poor. As I said, I would equate having the fan flat out on the pug relates to about half speed on my 300zx and about 1/3rd speed on a modern car

dcc

my 205's fan is better than my c2 fan in terms of 'pushing air'... I think your fan motor might have seen better days!