• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
aarontrophy

Heaters In My 205 Gti

aarontrophy

Hi guys well this morning was bit cold and I realised that my heaters cut out now and then, seam like its slows down any ideas?

Edited by aarontrophy
  • Like 1

Richie

583305424_tp.jpg

Probably your heater resistor going. Its located under the passenger footwell, it is held in by 2 screws.

Edited by Richie

aarontrophy

Anyone got a part number ?

bondyshambles

Don't know about part no's but had a similar problem. There are 2 different types i believe (4 pin and 5 pin). I found this out the hard way so check the one that you take out before getting another one .

mainline

*threadhijack

Mine is doing the same thing - cheers guys!

mainline

Probably your heater resistor going. Its located under the passenger footwell, it is held in by 2 screws.

When you say under the passenger footwell, do I access the screws from in the cabin or under the bonnet?

Edited by mainline

JRL

When you say under the passenger footwell, do I access the screws from in the cabin or under the bonnet?

stick your head under the passenger side footwell and look up behind the stereo you should see a fan and a black plastic resistor. Remove that resistor.

mainline

stick your head under the passenger side footwell and look up behind the stereo you should see a fan and a black plastic resistor. Remove that resistor.

Nice one, many thanks :)

Carbs4me

Mine cuts off and on when going over bumps, and you tap the center dial and it flicks on and off :(

Edited by Carbs4me

JRL

Mine cuts off and on when going over bumps, and you tap the center dial and it flicks on and off :(

try taking off the dials and making sure the board is clipped in properly.

eastlondonpug

Try this. Remove the resistor, then remove the pound coin like thing thats on the resistor (held on by a metal finger) very carefully. The coin thing will slide off. Try to clean the coin with wd 40 then carefully slide it in where it was. Sometimes, if the coin is corroded the resistor fails.

Dance21

Hi mine was working intermediately, looks like the resistor plug/wiring can get knock by people feet and alike It or just old wiring it was the crimps on the plug just pushed them in with a flatblade I took the resistor out when i did this and refitted it with it pluged in and sorted

Dance21

if you've not got aircon the resistor part number 6445 91 Is the most likely when you order it just double check your pug dealer.

Robbiedundy

My heater is on full blast all the time unless I disconnect it, is this a similar problem?

*sorry to hi-jack the thread :)

Edited by Dundy53

Dance21

Most likely the resistor had a melt down and the ohmage has gone low, I would also check the heater control just to make sure remove the dials and front plate to check the contacts are all intact if so it the resistor, peps call it a resistor but it is actully a voltage regulater with a heat sink on it