• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugmarshall

Advice On Hubs And Calipers

pugmarshall

Would appreciate it if someone could give me a bit of advice/guidance...

First off, will 306 HDI discs and calipers (266mm) fit a 1991 205 Dturbo on standard hubs? I've got a spare set and would like to upgrade ideally, so would the master cylinder fit, also? Will I need to make any other changes to make them fit?

And also, would 306 Dturbo hubs fit a 205 Dturbo? Assuming I get the right size balljoint, the only problem I can see is the drive shaft, will it reach? And I would obviously track it all up with new TRE's etc

Thanks for looking, hope someone knows!

welshpug

calipers and discs will fit fine as you have base model hubs.

hubs will fit with 1.9 driveshafts, but give positive camber on a 205 due to the inclination of the strut on a 306.

• Like 1

pugmarshall

Just what I wanted to know, cheers Mei...

Miles

try the old MS first, In use a std one with GTi6 stoppers on most and never have any issues at all

pugmarshall

Yeah good shout Miles, thanks.

adam1973

Hi, I think that I might need new calipers for my 1.4 GR.... They seem to be overly grabbing the discs so much so, that when on full lock, it'll slow the car down quite dramatically, also if I stop, and then go into reverse, you can hear them as makes a whole lot of noise, well you can hear it in the car.

So, instead of buying new/having them rebuilt etc... could I get some off a breakers yard car, and still use the standard 13" wheels???