• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dirtdog

Wishbones/bottom Arms

dirtdog

Firstly..i have done a search but I can't seem to get anywhere with it.

The ball joint has gone on the driver side. Not sure how these differ from car to car. Mine is a STDT. Where can I source a new arm from cheapest? A mechanic I know said he'd find me one and get it at trade price but..I do like to know how much I can get them for and where just incase i'm getting the wool pulled over my eyes.

I'm also curious who here can fit / modify removable balljoints to knackered arms. I don't have the ££ to throw around at adjustable rose jointed arms right now so I'm looking at a standard arm at the moment, but I am going to keep the old arm with intentions of having them modified in the near future.

Thanks in advance

eddie bullit

Motoquip arm around 40 is y best bet

Slo

there are two types, a track control arm or a wishbone which type do you have?

farmer

one motaquip arm is on back order for months

Miles

Unless you can find old stk Motaquip I doubt will make any more, simple really as there's no money in it for them, Ohterwise find something with a 2 year warranty and use that, Expect to change it thou

dirtdog

there are two types, a track control arm or a wishbone which type do you have?

..I don't know. It's a control arm / A arm / bottom arm / lower arm. It's off a STDT so same as a GTi presumably.

dirtdog

Unless you can find old stk Motaquip I doubt will make any more, simple really as there's no money in it for them, Ohterwise find something with a 2 year warranty and use that, Expect to change it thou

I just want a arm for now so the knocking goes away..I understand that given the sate of the roads around here it'll be only a matter of weeks before it, the other side or both balljoints get worn.

My old arms that I plan on keeping on the other hand, I am searching/looking around for companies/people that will modify the arm (not for a extortionate price) so that the ball joint can be removed and replaced without discarding the arm. I know there are a few modified arms flying around already but at like 300+ squids...it's well out of my price range

pug_ham

As said, if you can find them Motaquip were the ones to get but now they have stopped holding anything for the 205, unless you find old stock you could struggle to find them.

You could try Neat autos as they did have them earlier this year for a good price on oe wishbones.

The STDT should have GTi style front wishbones but Anthony's old STDT had the TCA set up from a base model so you need to check before you buy.

Has your car got drop links connected to the strut? If it has you do have the GTI style front wishbone, if not have a look underneath & see what you have but you might have the TCA set up.

Easy to tell the difference, TCA has a single inner pivot mount & the front arb connects to the tca where the GTI style have twin mounting points to the front subframe & the arb has a drop link to connect it to the shock.

g

welshpug

I think peugeot still do them, peugeot sport list the 309 wishbone I remember from flicking through last week.

farmer

I will ask Robins and Day to do a motaquip seach and general search

Edited by farmer

pug_ham
I think peugeot still do them, peugeot sport list the 309 wishbone I remember from flicking through last week.

Maybe, but not for under £100 each.

They are still listed as available on service box for the 205 GTI but £140.10 or £165.37 each! :o

post-71-0-61361500-1352202881_thumb.jpg

AB motorsport offer the group n wishbones similar to the original PTS ones but these are almost £200 each iirc where a good Motaquip wishbone is under £70, if you can find them.

g

farmer

Parts west midlands have one side he may be up for a deal

Ryan

When asking around make sure they will actually supply Motaquip parts. I tried a few places who all said they could get them, but when pushed they admitted they weren't Motaquip, just an "equivalent" made by someone else. <_<

farmer

thats a gen wishbone at parts west midlands just to clarify

welshpug

Maybe, but not for under £100 each.

have you checked? ;)

farmer

becks of eastbourne have one side parts west midlands have another as stated prices to follow

farmer

130 quid for pair delivered i can get them for thats a gen and motaquip if anybodys interested

one motaquip side is back ordered till 1st jan so safe to say thats NFP

just bought both gen bones will be put in the for sale section

Edited by farmer

Miles

Pug ones know will just be pattern one re-bagged as with a few things now, The back order keeps going back from month to month, 1 jan is odd as they shut down over Xmas

farmer

the pug wishbones i bought today are gen one from robins and day and one from fromerly becks of eatbourne both new old stock genuine bones guaranteed

pug_ham
have you checked? ;)

I have now & only one is under £100 (€78.94 or €142.08)before you add shipping from France etc.

post-71-0-47189700-1352388321_thumb.jpg

So I wasn't wrong considering last time I bought some 205 Motaquip wishbones i paid under £100 a pair.

Shame they don't have any 25.5mm 306 tb's left in stock, 85% reduction in price made them just €30.92. :o

post-71-0-06634800-1352388704_thumb.jpg

g

welshpug

they're group N graham, motaquip have never done the group N wishbone.

Simes

I bought a Motoquip one on Ebay 2 months ago from a main supplier.

Kléber bushes and all.

Edited by Simes

pug_ham
they're group N graham, motaquip have never done the group N wishbone.

Yeah, that much is blatantly obvious, I know what website I was looking on..

g

aggyj

I have a 1992 1.9 cti and it has the control arms on if i change my subframe and arb to a gti setup i should be able to run with gti wishbones aswell shouldnt i?? can someone confirm for me please.