• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ducati620

Restoring My Girl.

Ducati620

Wanting a Mint GTI.

I am new round here but have been reading a bit recently.

I have an 88 model 205gti that I have owned since new on 08.08.88. Its now in a bit of a state having stood outside for 10 plus years unused. It will need body work doing ware it is rusting in the usual places. I would like to have the whole shell inside out sorted so its mint and restored to standard condition.

I will need to find someone to carry out the work as I work abroad most of the time(sending this from Mexico City). I could do with reccomendations of people known to carry out quality work properly at a fair price. I don't just want a bodge and respray for MOT job doing I want it to last.

Idealy in the north of england but could travel.

Also any pointers on parts supply these days I notice Autofive recently stopped trading, shame as I dealt with them in the past and always had good service. Are most parts still available or any particular parts hard to find these days.

eddie bullit

Hi Ducati620!

I can't help you really with the restoration side of things other than to have a look on Detailers world. There is an MR2 that has been fully restored to a high standard on there. You should be able to get the company details from it. As for parts I use a local Peugeot dealer. Set up a user name and password on Service Box ( Peugeot parts website) and you can get together a list of parts you need. Some are now sadly NFP (No further production). There are some guys on here though who are starting to manufacture fixings and the like to OE standard, or above, so a good mooch around the forum should get you some answers. Dont forget the likes of GSF and the like for parts as well.

Good luck with it and if you can get some details and pictures of the owd girl I'm sure we would all be interested to see.

Edd

Ducati620

Thanks for that. I don't suppose anyone has a link for the MR2 thread. I am still raking

around threads on here also.

I was a proper 205 nut so will also still have loads of old info kicking round the loft.

Here's a phone pic of the old girl. Dent in the door was caused by someone trying to break in while standing in the garden. Otherwise she was 100% straight after 130k trouble free miles had new clutch and diff gears as a precaution at 115k.

post-22276-0-08075500-1351990697_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ducati620

Slo

That looks quite nice to say its been stood there 10 years plus, i expected to see trees growing out of the seams and frogspawn in the headlamps lol