• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
vtifan

Keeping Pas With Gti6 Conversion

vtifan

my 1.6 gti has pas which i want to keep when i do my gti6 conversion,i'm sure i read somewhere that i can use the pulley set up off a 306 xsi that came without aircon,is there space to fit this set up and do i just use the gti6 pump plumbed into the 205 pas system as good old peugeot seem to have used a jubilee clip on both so it looks nice and easy for me ?

M@tt

does your gti6 engine not come with PAS?

you can keep the standard setup (306) & pipework and its really just plug and play

chipstick

It's due to the air con pump being redundant when fitting in to a 205 that people go for the commonly known 'rallye' tensioner setup.

vtifan

does your gti6 engine not come with PAS?

you can keep the standard setup (306) & pipework and its really just plug and play

aye it came with the pump and aircon but i already have all the 205 pas pipework there,was wondering if i can just hook it up to the gti6 pump,and which car i can rob a pulley set up off and if there are any clearance issues in the 205 bay

M@tt

presumably you want to bin off the aircon as it's not going to be needed. In which case you want a tensioner for the alternator/pas off a 306 rallye as they didn't have aircon.

I could be wrong but i don't think the 205 pipe work will fit, as most PAS setups on 205's i've seen had the PAS pump on top of the gearbox so the pipe work will go to the wrong place. In which case, you want the standard PAS pipe work from a 306 as that will fit nicely

HTH

Anthony

That's 205 diesels (and 1.9 Mi16 conversions) that you're thinking Matt - 205 GTi's and other petrol XU's run the pump on the front of the block below the alternator.

I have seen a 205 PAS high pressure pipe bent and adapted to fit a GTi-6 engine, but I don't personally see the point when a 306 or Phase 1 Xsara pipe is a direct proper fit, much newer, and plentiful, and not to mention the risks inherant with bending and weakening/fatiguing 20+ year old steel pipework that's operating at high pressure.

Note that a Phase 2 VTS uses a different connection at the steering rack that is not compatible with 205/309 steering racks, and hence you can't use the PAS pipework from one unless you're also using a Phase 2 Xsara rack.

Miles

Also without the pressure valve the High pressure pipe is no use so as said you need the 306 HP pipe, just need a hole drilling into the subframe to secure part of it

I can supply the 2 roller and belt for this if needed (Sale's plug)

Edited by Miles

damo

For my conversion it was a mix of 306 high pressure pipe, 306 bottle on the wing and the rest 205 stuff to the rack.

tension parts are in my thread (unipart was cheapest) but around £70 for the two. Could buy a electric pump from a 106 or saxo of e-bay and mount near the gearbox ? a lot cheaper :)