• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rallysteve

Bilstein Adjustable Platform Ride Height Too High?!

rallysteve

I need some help with my front suspension set up. I have got a pair of compbrake bodies with PTS 7228/2 lower spring pans, 8.5" (225lb i think) red/yellow stripe tarmac springs, PTS 7224 top spring pans and compbrake eccentric top mounts. I also have a brand new pair of bilstein tarmac inserts, part number 7880M3. The inserts are 510mm long from the bottom of the top spindle to the bottom of the rod (see pics) so i think they are the short stroke ones. The problem I have is that with the spring wound to the lowest level the ride height is way too high. Have i got everything installed properly. Im not convinced that even with insert fullly compressed the wishbone is only just past horizontal. Is this a problem with the bodies being the wrong size. Obviously shorter springs wouldnt help as the bump stops are reached at the same height.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Rotherham-20121028-00325.jpg

Rotherham-20121028-00322.jpg

Rotherham-20121028-00323.jpg

Rotherham-20121028-00324.jpg

Rotherham-20121028-00326.jpg

Rotherham-20121028-00328.jpg

Rotherham-20121028-00329.jpg

Baz

Shorter springs. ;)

welshpug

designed for rallying not rudebwoy ride heights ;)

Chris H

Yeah, hit the nail on the head. If you can't get the ride height you want with these bits, they arent what you really want!

The springs are the right length for tarmac stage rallying and the 205's ran fairly high to be honnest.