• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Kezzer30

Grill Issue

Kezzer30

Hi , i bought a guttman style front grill , the bottom 2 lugs did not line up correctly , then i managed to put it on and , even tho it was as far down a it would sit the bonnet would bot close ? Anyone had this problem

omega

maybe its for a 309.

Kezzer30

maybe its for a 309.

Was adverised as 205 front grill

Baz

Most are a crap fit unfortunately.

Kezzer30

Most are a crap fit unfortunately.

If i could close the bonnet it would have sat ok ( not text book ) but it was in line and looked good but the bonnet seem to bounce off the top and not click in so i had to take it off :(

johnnyboy666

a lot of them are a mould of a mould of a mould of a badly fitting grill. I had one years ago (actually still got it gathering dust) and I had to chop and drill it till it fitted

Kezzer30

a lot of them are a mould of a mould of a mould of a badly fitting grill. I had one years ago (actually still got it gathering dust) and I had to chop and drill it till it fitted

:( il have another go at fitting it may have to cut the bottom lip so sits lower so the bonnet can click

Kezzer30

Well tried my best this morning to fit it but its just too bulky wont fit at all very disapointed money wasted :( cheers for the help thon

Adam