• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mogsman

Which Master Cylinder?

mogsman

Hi all, my master cylinder needs replacing as the pedal goes to the floor. I cannot see any leaks anywhere along the braking system. Looking at carparts4less they show several. As it is a standard 1.6 1991 gti do I go for one of the Bendix ones, if so, which one?

Ian

Anthony

Bendix 20.6mm 4 port is what you need.

You'll need a blanking plug (as 1.6 GTi's only have three lines coming out of the MC) but the last Bendix MC I bought came with a couple in the box.

If you haven't already done so, check the rear wheel cylinders as well, as they're notorious for failing and leaks aren't always visible from the outside without removing the drum. Certainly I would say that if you've no history of them being replaced then do them as a matter of course, as they're not expensive and you're going to have to re-bleed the system anyway after replacing the MC.

mogsman

Thanks for the replies. I have bought the one from carparts4less with 5% discount for £35.91. Thanks again.

Ian