• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gman

Rubber Bumper Buffers

Gman

Hi all,

I've got myself some of the nice shiney bumper fixing spacers, but I'm in need of the rubber buffers that go over them as I've lost one and the other is shot.

My local pug said they are no longer available as the supplier in France has gone bust, so I was wondering if anyone has any spare, even if they are a bit tatty and used.

Many thanks

Graham

Gman

Anyone?

Alan77

They show as still available on servicebox...

Front Bumper Buffer P\N 742716 £5.52 each including VAT.

Gman

Can you get them delivered from a centralised supplier? It's just my local peugeot dealer chain can't get hold of them and I don't want to drive 30 miles just to pick up 10 quids worth of rubber.

Thanks

Alan77

Can you get them delivered from a centralised supplier? It's just my local peugeot dealer chain can't get hold of them and I don't want to drive 30 miles just to pick up 10 quids worth of rubber.

Thanks

Not sure about a central supplier source. I can ask the guys at Peugeot Dorchester if they can get them. If they can, bits only take 2 days to arrive and then i could post to you in a jiffy bag. They are normally very good (cos i've bought shed loads of parts over the years) but you may be correct in those buffers now being hard to source. Be aware that the level of 'can't be arsed to help' and customer service apathy varies considerably around the country in Pug dealerships and you may have just been fobbed off...

I can ask, you never know...

welshpug

Graham just got some, so they must be out there somewhere

stuart

I have 1 side of new bumper fixings including rubber buffer left and i think i have some off the rally car too, drop me a pm if you still need any :)

Edit: Sorry just realised you're after the fronts,think i only have rears left. Have the front brackets but dont know if the rubbers are there or not,will let you know if i find any :)

Edited by stuart
  • Like 1

stuart

Had a dig in the garage and found 1 front bumper buffer / nut thing and 3 rear buffers :)

• Like 1

pug_ham

If you give your local dealer the part number mentioned above, they can definitely get you some.

As Mei says, I ordered two just last week & they were there on Monday.

Rear buffers are a different number (7427 10 @ £7.70 ea).

g

Gman

Thanks for all your help - just ordered some from Blackburn Peugeot as I will be up there this weekend.

Think my local Peugeot were just being lazy buggers.