• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
brumster

Radial Mount Caliper Brackets?

brumster

I'm about to need new AP 290mm discs and am just thinking it might be worth me upgrading to 25mm+ discs over my 21mm ones while I'm at it.

Question is, before I engage some local engineering company to make me up the necessary bells and brackets, does anyone have or know of CAD designs, measurements or even ready-made brackets to mount any of AP or Alcon's motorsport-spec 4-pot radial mount calipers onto a 205 hub? Just looking to save myself a bit of labour and design work - surely someone's done this before :) ?

Something like AP's CP835x or CP5040 series, or Alcon's CRH304/28-38/41xx.

I notice Alcon do a blank lug-mount, but need to look into the dimensions/spacings to see if it would suit a 205 hub....

brumster

Guess that's a big fat no then :) time to crack out Catia!

welshpug

drop PhillipM a PM, he sorted some brackets for Wiloods on std 283mm pug discs on 306 hubs, so same offset as 1.9, might be of vague use in some way.

Anton green

I'm watching this thread with interest as I have standard calipers on brackets to fit my 285mm rally-design discs which came as a kit and I'd like to do the same for my rear end, so to speak and would like a pointer in the right direction of how to go about it. Wish I could be of more help for the situation with your fancy calipers though :/

brumster

drop PhillipM a PM, he sorted some brackets for Wiloods on std 283mm pug discs on 306 hubs, so same offset as 1.9, might be of vague use in some way.

Is it me or is he not showing up as a member any more?

Anthony

He's Rippthrough on here, that's why :)

Alan_M

I've been meaning to look at this myself. Fed up of buying the 'special' RallyDesign discs!

cybernck

It's not too hard, I've developed brackets for Megane 225 radial mount Brembo calipers with 305x28 406 Coupe discs.

Perhaps it will be easier to make a vague template in wood or foam, rather than do it from blank in CAD application.

Cameron

I have a CAD model for mounting AP 2-pot calipers to a 205 upright, and I could probably adapt it for you if you know what your disc offset is. Pretty sure I also have a model of the AP 5040 caliper too. ^_^