• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
HERMAN

Thoughts On Mintex 1166?

HERMAN

I am just after some ideas of how people have got on with mintex 1166 pads?

I have them fitted on my car with grooved disc's. Standard 1.9 size with braided hoses and a good quality race spec fluid.

The problem that I have been having is that there is not much feel to them. They are either on or off. Great on track days as far as fade is concerned but they lock really easily.

My thoughts are they might be a bit to good for road tyres? I have tried disconnecting the servo which has helped a little but I am still not confident with them.

I might try the 1155's next time?

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Neil

Tom Fenton

I've never tried them, but that is because I have never felt like I needed to go "past" Mintex 1155 or Ferodo DS2500 - either pad has been more than up to the job of a hard use track day.

welshpug

I find 1144's just fine, but I'm not hard on brakes.

HERMAN

I only brought the 1166's because they were £60 of ebay. I will give Miles a shout I think and give the 1155's a go.

Cheers

Neil

Wes

i use 1155's on gti6 brakes and they are more than enough for track and road use.

• Like 1

matt.f

Use 1155's and they are pretty good.

Not tried 1166 on a 205 but are awesome on my brothers satria

chipstick

I'm also currently using 1155's with a GTi6 setup and think they are a cracking pad. I sense a trend :lol:

Cameron

I hope you learnt a valuable lesson about buying something purely because it's cheap. Now you have to either live with brakes that don't work on the road or buy another set of pads. :P

• Like 1

HERMAN

1155 ordered from Miles.

The 1166 are ok on the road but they just seem to strong for road tyres with a servo.

Cheers

Neil

S@m

Another vote for the 1155's. Excellent pad- i'm using them in zx/405 calipers on my 205 - perfect for road use despite the warnings on the box. Never tried on track.

BlueBolt

Quick vote for the 1144's... Tracked them and was fine, road use every day and again are great

Cameron

Another +1 for 1144's and road / light track use. Not tried 1155's, but can definitely recommend Ferodo DS2500 if you want a more track-oriented pad, definitely worth forking out for!

brumster

Performance Friction :) just sit down before you pay for them.... but ohhhh they're worth it :)

EZ Tutty

Has Miles got 1155's on the shelf?.... i've got a set on order from CamSkill and got told theres an 4-6week wait :(

matt.f

Or try Questmead

McDude

I've currently got 1155s and find them a bit squealy, I also don't think they feel as nice as the 1144s until they get properly hot. Only reason I changed from the 1144 is that on heavy braking tracks they do fade.

HERMAN

Or try Questmead

Thanks for that Matt.

Miles has not got any in stock at the minute but Questmead have and there a really good price.

Cheers

Neil

matt.f

Yeah knows his stuff does Alan