• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ALEX205CTI

Rear Axle Help

ALEX205CTI

Hi, I need to do some work on my 1988 205 CTI rear axle. As I will be removing it I wondered where I could get a rebuilt unit and replace everything at once. I was also wondering what other sources of parts are available. Thanks

Edited by ALEX205CTI

Liquid_106

A few people rebuild axles on here (they'll post up soon pimping their business :P), but not sure if they can do on exchange basis or if they just rebuild yours. Most parts are still available, either direct through Peugeot or some other manufacturers - but you have to be wary of the bearings as Peugeot now tend to supply the inferior version with less and smaller needles.

Are you rebuilding for peace of mind or because you know you have an issue? - if the latter, the beam / arms may well be fubar'd so it could be more cost effective and quicker buying a 'known' good beam?

• Like 1

Tom Fenton

I can do you a rebuilt beam to your spec as an exchange for your current beam, plus I am only just down the M1 in Rotherham.

max0

Decent quide on the 205 drivers page. http://205gtidrivers.com/articles.php?data=b-rearbeamrefurb

If your lucky and your tube isnt ovaled, I'd budget about £200 for a DIY rebuild for 2 new trailing arm shafts and bearings etc.. Its been a while since I've done a beam but its not cheap and a bit of a pain in the arse.

stef205

We make all our own shafts in house made to oem spec with near half the price tag. As said its not cheap but nothing feels better than a rebuilt beam

(null)

welshpug

£80 a pair? what's your material spec and treatments? can I buy some?

Strictly_Derv

£80 a pair? what's your material spec and treatments? can I buy some?

+1

stef205

I'll try get the specs on them, I have been using them for years in my own stuff and others, price would be about £100 a pair.

(null)

Paul_13

Are these the ones by RJ mountjoy? I had these for several years in my 309 beam worked fine :)

Did a good job of refurbing my very seized beam. I still remember it being in the beam clamp bench they've got. 3 clouts with a fecking huge sledge hammer and it came apart :lol:

stef205

Paul, yes they are, they are a great bunch and that home brew clamp is awesome!

(null)

• Like 1

Paul_13

Cracking workshop up there :)

stef205

Here is a picture of one of the trailing arm shafts, poor picture doesn't really show the machining of it. They are made in house then sent of for hardening and heat treated. The guys aren't really going to give away the full in depth details of the processes.

IMG_0326.jpg

ALEX205CTI

Hi Tom, Not sure how useable ny old beam would be. How much are we looking at for a rebuilt axle ready to fit?

Tom Fenton

PM on the way buddy