• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rolando

309 Gti Wishbones Balljoint

Rolando

my 205 failed mot today on both ball joints :( went to my local motor factors and £145 later i had 2 new ones :)

the thing is i had already bought new uprated bushed for my old wishbones and i cant bring myself to rip apart my new wishbones to put these uprated bushes in. is there anyway to replace the balljoints? can you press them out and press new ones in?

any suggestions would be great, thanks Ro

JRL

Rolando, its a common problem, and it seems lowered/harder suspension makes them wear quicker. Try gsf, Motaquip are good quality and should last longer than cheap ebay ones.

Or you could try a wanted advert on here for some used but with ball joints in good condition.

Miles

What wishbones are they? most pattern ones don't last 5 minutes and as well known on here get/replace with some OE Pug bush's, No one in the Motorsport area uses uprated bush's as they rarely are

Motorquip no longer supply 205 wishbones and have not done 309 ones for even longer now, Unless you find old stock

Edited by Miles

SurGie

From what i remember, cybernck had some ball joints refitted somehow but didnt explain how etc.

Rolando

309 gti wishbones. not sure of the make, think their delphi but cant be certain. hopefully they'll turn up on fir day as they had to order one in :(

Paul_13

What brand are the wishbones?

If they're FIA they'll be fine ;)

Rolando

i fitted the new 309 wishbones over the weekend and went to take it back for retest and oh my god its so awful to drive! feels like its got a mind of its own and the wheel was going to drop off! thought they might have given me the wrong ones so took them off this evening and measured them and they are the same size give or take a couple of mil as the original ones with the worn out balljoints. any idea why this is?

i dont want to take it for a retest and the wheel/driveshaft comes off/out half way down the road!

any help would be much appreciated. thanks

stef205

Could possibly be tracking you should get that checked after you fit new wishbones

(null)

welshpug

checked the track rods etc? Would also be worth checking the balljoint holes in the hubs, do use new nuts+bolts, NOT over-tightened (26 lbft iirc.)

johnnyboy666

you will definitely need the tracking done after changing wishbones in my experience.

it seems tolerences for pattern parts are huge

Rolando

ok thanks guys. just worried about it ripping my driveshafts apart! :(