• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Strictly_Derv

Is My Car Alpine White?

Strictly_Derv

I need to source some paint for a wing on the car but I can't work out what colour my car is. I always though it was alpine white but the halford paint is far to creamy for mine. BUt on the other hand, I bought a rear valance off Paul_13 and it was the right which he said was alpine. Is it just Halfords being crap at colour matching or is my car not aphine?

Any elp would be much appreciated!

DSCF3465.jpg

above with the "alphine" valance.

IMAG0875.jpg

The pics are't very clear of the colour difference but you can really see the difference in person.

chipstick

Later Alpine is brighter than earlier Alpine. The earlier shade is more creamy as you say.

Anthony

The Halfords Alpine white is too creamy even on the earlier cars in my experience, and way out for the later cars.

Bianca white is closer and is a good match on the later, whiter shade IIRC

The Holts brand Alpine white is quite a good match on the earlier cars.

I'm not sure whether yours will be the earlier or later shade, as the base models weren't always the same as GTi's in terms of paint but no idea if that is the case with white or not.

Strictly_Derv

The rear valance is from a GTI which seems spot on though, hmm tough one.Would it be best to take a paint sample into a paint shop and get them to mix on up?

pug_ham

Is the paint code not on the slam panel above the n./s headlight?

The list of white on the paint codes list doesn't differetiate between models but I didn't think Alpine was used on non GTI models.

• Alpine/Meije P0WT/ EWT
  • Beta (cabriolet) P0WL
  • Banquise P0WP
  • Bianca P3WP

g

fliprio

just to resurrect this post, is there a definitive list anywhere of which whites are for which years and model types - or was it a mix match? I have a 91 H reg GTI and am trying to get a boot lid but I need to make sure it’s the same white.

Would a 91 GTI and D Turbo of the same year be the same white? Which year did it go from Alpine to Bianca on the GTI?

• Like 1