• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
N3VRAM

Driveshaft For A 1.4?

N3VRAM

I have tried everywhere apart from peugeot themselves to source one of these and the best i can do is hand mine in for a refurb. Could someone please confirm with me if i'm right in thinking that all MA box driveshafts are the same? (i.e the 1.1 and 1.4 are interchangeable).. or do i have this totally wrong?

cheers

#matt

calvinhorse

1.0, 1.1, 1.4 tu engined cars are all the same

Lots of the pass side ones on EBay not many of the longer drivers side ones..

trogboy

1.0, 1.1, 1.4 tu engined cars are all the same

Lots of the pass side ones on EBay not many of the longer drivers side ones..

Only within the same model though. You'll need one from another 205. 106/ax/306/saxo etc won't be the right outer end. IIRC the inner end of the shaft also differs from a 205 to the later cars as the later boxes had thicker pins in the diff hence needing a marginally shorter shaft.

I've got one sitting here but like most the intermediate bearing is goosed with the outer race being cracked and chipped on one edge. You don't hear of people replacing these but I would imagine that is can be done if you are determined enough.

• Like 1

205Rallee

Try "mr auto" could be "mister auto" a french website. I got a brand new long SKF driveshaft with the bearing for my 1.3 Rallye as it was 5 years back order at Peugeot lol! Only £60 and delivered within days.

Baz

I have a brand new pair of GKN ones here Matt as it happens, they were bought for an XS initially for a friend but it got written off!

calvinhorse

Only within the same model though. You'll need one from another 205. 106/ax/306/saxo etc won't be the right outer end. IIRC the inner end of the shaft also differs from a 205 to the later cars as the later boxes had thicker pins in the diff hence needing a marginally shorter shaft.

I've got one sitting here but like most the intermediate bearing is goosed with the outer race being cracked and chipped on one edge. You don't hear of people replacing these but I would imagine that is can be done if you are determined enough.

Argh!! s*it sorry I ment 205s!! Sorry!!