• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
vtifan

Is It A Myth

vtifan

is it a myth that you can remove genuine peugeot 205 front wings without damaging them,had a go today and after about 45 minutes of gentle persuasion with a stanley knife and a knife and light hammer i managed to kink it at the indicator,so i went mental :angry: and had the c**t off in 5 mins in a buckled and twisted mess,anyone had any joy with this and how did you manage it as i have a spare wing on another car and up for giving it another bash,eh i mean try as bash is not good :D

205wrc

I used an old bread knife to take mine off. I works better though if you heat the blade with a hot air gun or blow lamp

Turbo7379

Heat the wing up where it's bonded to the shell with a hot air gun , starting at the bottom & slowly peel the wing off as the heat softens the adhesive, carefully using a knife on the stubborn bits. Look at the wing you removed to see where it's bonded. Also make sure you have removed all the bolts!

Of course this will only work if you are going to repaint the wing as the heat will melt the paint!

Anthony

Some wings are sealed on far better than others, and hence the difficulty in removing them varies tremendously.

Regardless however, the key is patience and not rushing it.

• Like 1

vtifan

i will give the heat gun/breadknife a go tomorrow on the other side,maybe should have asked before i fired intae it :D ,replacements are £47.99 and are crap so going to have to take the patient approach i think,the bonding around the headlight/front panel area was pretty thick and so easy to kink around the indicator cut out,fun way to spend a day :o

Leon

I have two mint wings to remove from a dead shell. Not looking forward to it! In fact I might cut the buggers off so I'm left with bits of A post and inner wing to trim away until I have nothing left but wing.

Baz

As Ant says they're always different. Selection of knives & heatgun and plenty of patience.

Do not heat the wing too much though, you'll damage the paint!

vtifan

I have two mint wings to remove from a dead shell. Not looking forward to it! In fact I might cut the buggers off so I'm left with bits of A post and inner wing to trim away until I have nothing left but wing.

ha ha thought of doing that with other shell

vtifan

As Ant says they're always different. Selection of knives & heatgun and plenty of patience.

Do not heat the wing too much though, you'll damage the paint!

whole car getting painted anyway so no worries there,but will try not to to save on prep work