• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Iain-gti

Harnesses That Wrap Around Harness Bar.

Iain-gti

Hi,

I think im being stupid and blind but cant find harnesses that wrap around a harness bar anywhere, if i am being stupid and blind please call me so and link me at the same time.

Thanks

Iain

Tom Fenton

You just need ones with the normal type buckle that is not sewn to the strap. Then you can un-thread the buckle off the strap and loop them round the cage instead.

Basically any "proper" belts will be OK, it is usually only the cheapo 3 or 4 point road biased belts that have the buckles sewn on.

welshpug

Do make sure they are long enough, though I think most would be for a 205 where the harness bar isn't too far back.

Baz

It's only single-seater belts you'll have an issue with generally!

JRL

I have sabelt harnesses. They have the seatbelt clips so you can quick detach them without unbolting them, the only trouble is I'm not sure if I can wrap them around. Anyone have a pic for us?

Baz

Only pic i can find is this;

004.jpg

Basically as Tom's said, instead of being wrapped through the clips, they're wrapped around the harness bars -on the cage in this case, then re-threaded through the metal binding to secure.

JRL

Yes that makes perfect sense now thank you. Looks like I will have to get a new harness.

Batfink

Virtually all OMP race harnesses for saloons can be used either looped round the rollcage or direct to harness bolts.