• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Daniel185

Slam Panel Colour

Daniel185

Do different colour cars have different colour slam panels or is it based on the year, engine size or phase? Can anyone shed some light on this for me. Looked at a 1994 red 1.9 gti that had a black slam panel. Would this original colour?

BlueBolt

I think I'm right in saying no.

Pretty sure (though will be corrected of not correct) that they all came in the lovely shade of pale sick??

chipstick

They came in beige and black.

Black was on the ph1 and ph2, and beige was in between I think.

AlexRS2782

I've got the lovely shade of beige (sick) colour one on mine :( It's gained a small amount of surface rust in one area so i'm tempted to treat it & then repaint it black as it should look much better against the Miami Blue bodywork.

Edited by AlexRS2782

BlueBolt

I've got the lovely shade of beige (sick) colour one on mine :( It's gained a small amount of surface rust in one area so i'm tempted to treat it & then repaint it black as it should look much better against the Miami Blue bodywork.

I was thinking of doing this the other day, but not sure... I'd like to say I wouldn't want to barstadise the car, but with the black grill, bonnet, gti6 lump, black wheel (in progress)....... I think it's a bit late lol

ScoobyJawa

Wasn't that one of the things that would make buyers think the car was in an accident as a lot of repairers in the day incorrectly resprayed them...

SurGie

As far as i know black means its been involved in a front end smash/accident., iirc all were beige originally. I cant see any reason why Peugeot would change something at cost tbh.

welshpug

different factories, different finishing.

Daniel185

Thanks for all the replys lads :)

AlexRS2782

Based on the last couple of posts i'm now tempted to keep the beige one for originality sake for the year of the car - but the black would probably look better.

Guess i could always get a good condition spare, spray that black and keep the original one to go back on if i ever sold it - ah decisions, decisions :wacko:

martyn180

Late phase 2's went back to Black

As Miles says late phase 2 are black, earlier ones are beige. I had a beige one on a B reg phase 1 back in the day, and thought it was a repair job until I spoke to the peugeot garage.