• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dodsworth_gti

Paint And Pannel Advice

dodsworth_gti

hey

firstly i have started on my rebuild project attempting to restore to totally factory standard and make it as mint as it was when it left the factory

with this will probably come lots of crappy questions lol

but here is my first few

the front end was a mess rust wise

ive removed the headlight pannels that wernt really there.the rest of the front pannel is rock solid.does anyone know of a decent place i can order the headlught pannels?

the inner wings were shot so im curently repairing them

on other rusty surfaces ive removed rusr back to bare solid metal and used a galvonise spray to protect them,am i right to do this or can someone recomend something else as a frontline protection before i etch prime it all

next is paint,i like to think i can spray reasonably well,done bits on previous cars ect. im intending on doing underside, engine bay, internals and door shuts and maybe the full thing my self. ive always used 2k paint and a laquer, should i stick with this or csn someone recomend something elsr. also any recomendations for anywhere online to order paint? just to compare to my local supplier

also id like to remove the underseal, any ideas on what i should replace it with ive known people purely stone chip ect

many thanks

ben

Liquid_106
Hadrian Car Panels is a name usually banded around - no personal experience, but hopefully someone who has will comment. Would also be interested, as I might need to replace mine too.

dodsworth_gti

thanks for that pal ill take a look. i was told of s place in doncaster thats meant to be good but i cant think of the name

deathbringer929

thanks for that pal ill take a look. i was told of s place in doncaster thats meant to be good but i cant think of the name

that would be sel imperial who now own hadrian panels. click the link in above post and you'll see they are based in doncaster. chaeck out m@tt thread for inspiration on front end repairs!

dodsworth_gti

yeah ive done all the searches and seen that lol.mine isnt that bad lok kind of made me feel better about it lol.

it apears cheaper to buy them with a slam pannel rather than seperate lol randon