• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
skillz

Rear Beam Mounting Bushes

skillz

Can anyone tell me where i can get a set of the white nylon bushes as one of the ones that came fitted to my beam tube has a split in it and i dont trust the others now. The only ones i can find come as a set with the ally block mounts which i dont need. Unless anyone can recommend a better alternative ?

stef205

Baker bm top quality ones

(null)

skillz

Cheers, just what i was looking for :)

SurGie

Im sure bbm Stew would be able to sell you them seperately if you ask nicely, might be cheaper to.

skillz

I'll give it a go. thanks guys. managed to get the whole beam cleaned up and rebuilt today in the sweltering heat. Just need the bushes so i can get the beam back onto the car and start on some other bits and bobs. gonna be a long old job :unsure:

skillz

right i've ordered the bushes I need but I have a question regarding reassembly. when I bolt the brackets on through the bushes do I torque em up straight away or final tighten em once weight is back on the car?, similar to the front wishbone bushes (the rear of which was awkward at best!)

SurGie

Did your bolts go through the new bushes nice and easy, mine didnt ?

The nuts are cross threaded, which is the prefered way instead of the nylock type with these bolts. With this in mind i think before the beam is attatched onto the car.

Anthony

You can tighten them with the beam off the car fine, just make sure that the mounts/studs are sat square before tightening.

• Like 1

welshpug

Did your bolts go through the new bushes nice and easy, mine didnt ?

The nuts are cross threaded, which is the prefered way instead of the nylock type with these bolts. With this in mind i think before the beam is attatched onto the car.

Wtf are you on about?

They are nylocs as standard, god knows why you would intentionally knacker the threads.

If you have one, place a spirit level across the front mounts then tighten them up, makes life a lot easier.

SurGie

No mine (bought from Pug recently) didnt come with nylock nuts and they dont fully screw onto the bolt by hand, they are quite thin nuts compared to the usual nylock nuts. Part number was taken from service box as were the bolts.

SurGie

Here is the one i got

post-12727-0-40242400-1347303535_thumb.jpg

Edited by SurGie