• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Alan_M

Has Anyone Ever Removed A Peugeot 306 Servo?

Alan_M

Basically, I need to remove the servo unit from my 306 as the MC is rusted onto the stud! Will give it one last go but it's really not looking good. The procedure mentioned in Haynes is long, and it'll take lots of will power to get going. Was wondering if anyone has removed it before and if so, any shortcuts?

Only other option I can think of is to cut off the material around the stud on the MC using my Dremel.

Edit: Holy s*it, you have to remove the dash? Sod that, option 2 it is.

welshpug

Never taken one off, but i can imagine access to be nonexistant unlike a 205 unfortunately, and its not a small task, wouldnt phase me on a zx as you can have that apart much quicker!

chipstick

I had a few off.

But neither were with the engine etc left in - so I can't give any pointers I'm afraid.

Miles

Servo, Good luck, I'd say the dash would need to come out as the bolts are in and around the pedal box area, Even the brake light switch you need to have arm's of a inch thick to change that.

Alan_M

Got the MC off without removing servo. Made a couple of cuts across the MC flange around the stud, which on the second managed to burn out my B&D pretend Dremel tool. Anyway, probably because of the heat generated, the MC just popped off. :D

Just a new rear cylinder to replace, a bleed of brakes and I'm ready for MOT.

thug pug

If you take the four nuts out that hold the steering colum up and lower it you can then get to the servo bolts and its also the best way to change the brake light switch without drawing blood from your arms!!!