• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
vtifan

Fitting Full Sill

vtifan

does anyone know the correct way to fit a full sill on a 205,can i drill out the spot welds behind the rear quarter panel and slide sill in ? is it just a case of cutting the rear top part of the sill off and doing a butt weld along below the rear quarter joint,is the only way to fit the full sill properly i.e spot welded all round to fit with a rear quarter panel at the same time,i am going to have to have a proper look at this but just wondering if anyone has fitted a full sill and the best way to do it,cheers pete

Leet205

I have recently fitted a full sill, You will have to remove the lower rear quarter to get access, also the B pillar is spot welded onto the sill and onto the floor inside.

If you can get away with leaving the lower quarter on, I would as you have to be careful not to warp it when welding it back on and it saves disturbing the B pillar and all that

As far as know alot of people just chop/weld it under the quarter - your call really.

DSC_0313

Edited by Leet205

M@tt

have a look at my "Best Get The Welder Out" thread

vtifan

I have recently fitted a full sill, You will have to remove the lower rear quarter to get access, also the B pillar is spot welded onto the sill and onto the floor inside.

If you can get away with leaving the lower quarter on, I would as you have to be careful not to warp it when welding it back on and it saves disturbing the B pillar and all that

As far as know alot of people just chop/weld it under the quarter - your call really.

http://www.flickr.co...57630834649988/

i take it you just cut the lower quarter off another car and butt welded it back on with the join under the kit mate yes,will have to go have a look at my spare shell i think

Leet205

Its the same lower quarter I cut off, just used 1mm cutting discs, flap discs to dress the welds

vtifan

Its the same lower quarter I cut off, just used 1mm cutting discs, flap discs to dress the welds

ah ok i just got some of the thin cutting discs,good plan for me on one side anyway