• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stef205

No Dash Lights Checked The Normal Faults

stef205

Basically ive got no dash lights, i have heater panel lights, my dimmer switch wires are joined together, ive checked the bulbs in the dash and they work. Ive dip and main beam light, fuel, water temp, oil etc they all work. Does any one have any ideas its rather annoying driving at night. :wacko:

Edited by stef205

Henry Yorke

Have you tested the voltage between your joined together dimmer rheostat wires? No power there may indicate something in the fusebox wiring and not the cluster itself. If you have power there, then maybe it is something on the PCB on the back of the clocks that has a dry joint or the connections on the top of the clocks.

stef205

no i havent tested the voltage between the two wires, maybe ill try get another dash cluster unit and try that.

gavbrum

I have lots of spare instrument panel bits lying around. If you need anything let me know.

88lp

Worn indicator/headlight stalk?

My dash lights used to go out all the time because the light switch in the stalk was dodgy. For some reason the tail lights would always go out with the dash lights so it was pretty dangerous. Head lights weren't affected.

New indicator stalk fixed all.

Edited by 88lp

stef205

I've got all lights, just no dash lights. I believe it's the dash pcb

Syklig

Hi, i have the same problem as stef205 ,did you find out why it happend.

When my ignition is off and turn the light stalk the head and rear lights are working , but when i start the car i loose

Illuminaton in dash and rear lights.

Before i took the engine out it worked ;)

Anyone having a solution ??

Syklig

Found out of my problen today, it seems that i had put to leads on wrong to the alternator.

The blue and orange was connected to earth, when i moved them to + from the alternator my backlight, front fog lamps, illumination in dash started to work again .

post-24011-0-93719900-1379783336_thumb.jpg