• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
vtifan

Wheel Offset

vtifan

what is the best offset for a 205 for 16 inch wheels,the wheels i want come in +30 +40 or +42 will any of these even be close to fitting ?

i want them to fill the arches,am using 1.9 205 running gear,cheers pete

welshpug

none of the figures will be anywhere near, for a 6" wide wheel Peugeot used ET19 wheels, the 6" 3/4 SL434 IIRC are ET15.

depends on the width.

vtifan

none of the figures will be anywhere near, for a 6" wide wheel Peugeot used ET19 wheels, the 6" 3/4 SL434 IIRC are ET15.

depends on the width.

the wheels are 7x16 et 30,so i would have to use spacers then as wheel will be well inset,are hubcentric spacers any good as had a bad experience with crap spacers on my s16,how much leeway do i have for inset on the 205 before a start having clearance issues with the inner wheelhouse/strut dont look like much lol,

vtifan

so et30 with a 15-20mm spacer will be pretty close to ideal i think

Cameron

I wouldn't call it ideal, but it would work. :P

Why 16" wheels? 15" are plenty big enough for a 205.. they look silly on anything bigger.

BlueBolt

They look silly on anything bigger.

Quite agree!! Don't know the wheel size but you get the hint::

231E6F91-02FC-46F1-A4D9-F87F22B2448F-2304-00000189BAC9EBCA.jpg

welshpug

they're only 16" :lol:

Baz

6.75" SL434's are actually ET8, but you can get away with more. I have some ET20 7"s that fit fine.

johnnyboy666

youd be suprised what will fit!

be very careful with spacers, that would be my advice, you need to check the wheel bolts for tightness more often and carefully inspect the spacers for mis-shaping or ovaling.

if the wheel is likely to be inset more then be careful with suspension clearance (less of a problem if you use coilovers)

Edited by johnnyboy666

Baz

be careful with suspension clearance (less of a problem if you use coilovers)

Not always the case, longer springs can give tyre clearance issues.

• Like 1

calvinhorse

I have et15 17x7 (205/45/17) wheels on my 309gti they have 7mm of clearance to the 2 1/4" coilovers with 7" springs

Same set up with compomotive ths (15x7 195/50/15) et 16 is even closer to the coilover

Edited by calvinhorse

welshpug

Ive had an et28 16x6.5 oursgan/nimrod wheel on the front with no spacers!

vtifan

Ive had an et28 16x6.5 oursgan/nimrod wheel on the front with no spacers!

they need spaced though cos they look crap on that offset swit in too far especially on the rear :)

welshpug

not really, as they're 6.5" wide they fill the arch just fine, needed a very thin spacer on the back to clear the trailing arm.

johnnyboy666

not really, as they're 6.5" wide they fill the arch just fine, needed a very thin spacer on the back to clear the trailing arm.

you can't really get thin hubcentric spacers less than 10mm very easily as far as I've noticed, and you dont want to use those multi purpose spacers, they're horrible things!

Henry Yorke

I have run a 10mm non hubcentric spacer in the past on the front and rear and it has been fine with no wobble etc. Things are a lot easier if you use non Peugeot wheels as they have a 60 degree taper which helps pull the wheel central. I also ran it on a stud conversion. The downside is that the load is primarily taken on the wheel studs.