• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
danrogers

Strange Foam

danrogers

hi guys, i noticed a while ago my blower didnt seem as powerful as it used to be and now when you turn it up all this foam starts shooting out and going everywhere and sticking to clothes etc lol can anyone shed any light? cheers dan

pug309twin40s

dont know where the foam would be coming from.

what colour foam is it?

your best bet would be to pull the fan motor out and have a look see if anything is in there.

Jer309GTi

Thats a strange one. Wouldn't have thought the coolant would foam up, I suppose it could do if it was being whipped up by the fan motor. Have you got A/C?

danrogers

no a/c mate. its a the type of foam in a car seat, that sort of thing but small bits and is kind of sticky and breaks apart easy as if its gone brittle with age?

Jer309GTi

Hmm, maybe a long shot but do you think somebody repaired a broken hose on the blower system with expanding foam, the stuff like builders use to seal around windows etc?

What ever it is it sounds like its clogging up the pipes and little bits are breaking off and blowing through

B1ack_Mi16

There usually is a small foam-strip glued onto the heater-matrix to stop it from rattling in it's casing.

Maybe that's what's coming out :)

Jer309GTi
There usually is a small foam-strip glued onto the heater-matrix to stop it from rattling in it's casing.

Maybe that's what's coming out :)

Ah very good point, forgot about that foam strip. This would be the most likely cause I would have thought

Sign in to follow this