• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
KRISKARRERA

Sunroof Drainage

KRISKARRERA

Following the two days of rain last week I got a few drips of water coming in around the map reading light.

Can anyone tell me exactly where the drain holes are for the sunroof and how best to clean the devils out?

Cheers

Kris

cybernck

i used to get the same but at the rear interior light.

it has stopped without any apparent reason though.

Jer309GTi

Can you get an airline with a low pressure and blow them out gently from the top of the drains? Thats if you have a sunroof that works lol. Have to be careful though I guess.

KRISKARRERA

Yes it works though I have to lube the seal before using it as otherwise the bulging rubber just catches on the bodywork.

How many drain holes is there supposed to be?

lemans120

theres 4 in total 2 at front and 2 at the back the drainage pipes run down the front and rear pillars cant remember where they exited i think they run to the inner arches will have a look in the track car tomoz as i think they might still be in there not sure how you will get to clear them though as they are attached in the very corners of the roof, out of interest have you got a roof mounted ariel as my lemans leaks by the front interior light and thats coming through at the ariel as it has no sunroof

Sign in to follow this