• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Miguelhbx

Instaling Central Locking Button - Possible?

Miguelhbx

I was wondering if it was possible to instal a central locking button on my xs.

I know that the system is mechanical, so there needs to be something pushing up and down the drivers side lock for the car to lock and unlock.

I always drive around with the doors locked and it's boring having to pull the door button up and down for people to get in and out every 5 mins :angry:

So i wanted to know if anyone has done this before to their car, instaling a button just to lock and unlock the doors, i would probably hide it under the steering wheel or something where its acessible but not visible.

thanks

iPlod999

Why do you drive with the doors locked all the time?

It's a bit of a safety issue.

jackherer

I agree, you might think you'll be able to calmly unlock the door if you crash but I can tell you from experience that when you are trying to get out of a car that is no longer on its wheels (for example) you aren't thinking very clearly and you don't behave very rationally. And if you aren't conscious nobody else will be able to help.

• Like 1

cybernck

Many new cars have auto-locking (anti-car-jacking?) feature as default anyway.

But to answer your question, I think you'd need a late-model master (driver's side) motor,

as well as the control unit - basically replicating the remote-locking system, just with

a button instead of RF unit.

Miguelhbx

Why do you drive with the doors locked all the time?

It's a bit of a safety issue.

Lot's of carjacking lately on my country, and not only that, people are going bananas over the crisis, I don't want to find myself stopped at a sign and having someone open the boot and taking my stuff away.

Thank you cybernck, i'll look into that.probably 206 and the likes already have such system.

• Like 1

wicked

The cars that have the feature installed by the OEM, unlock if the airbag pops out......

BlueBolt

The cars that have the feature installed by the OEM, unlock if the airbag pops out......

Often wondered about this with my Seat, always said to my other half that she shouldn't have the doors locked due to crash circumstances. This now slows my caution about the auto locking!!

(apologies for the hijak)

iPlod999

All makes sense now.

Good luck. Keep safe.