• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bobdylan_55

Door Wont Close

bobdylan_55

Ok, so my 309 passenger front door has decided it doesnt want to shut.

Im getting fed up of it now, ive been outside slamming it for about 3 hours trying to get it to shut.

anyway further info for you. Its all lined up correctly, hasnt dropped on the hinges or anything, and the locking mechanism and catch seems in working order so im stumped.

any possible solutions?

Your help is very much appreciated because this bloody car is driving me insane now.

On another note, anybody here fancy finishing wiring up my car? needs EVERYTHING wiring up from scratch. all the original fuse box and wiring has been removed.

Thanks

Tesstuff

PM Marksorrento, see if he can fit you in, he has skills with wiring that no one else has ;)

• Like 1

welshpug

no amount of slamming will help, pop the doorcard off and lube up the lever that pivots on the rear of the handle, that's usually the most likely cause.

jackherer

Not only will slamming not help, there is a good chance that if it did close it then wouldn't open again. Take the doorcard off now while you can, its a lot harder with the door stuck closed.

bobdylan_55

i managed to shut it. after taking the door card off and feeling about there was a little piece that turned up above the barrel. Im not sure what it is, but it keeps randomly turning back around and then wont shut again etc. ive left the door card off for the moment so i can shut it if need be. anybody know the best fix? the lock looks like its been pie keyed (LOL epic) aswell so probs new locks at the same time.

thanks

jord294

Pretty sure it will be part of the door handle that is siezed. Lots of wd up under the handle on the outside of the door