• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Karl

Tracking Out After Track Rod End Change

Karl

hi there people,

having changed my track-rod-end by usual means ( take off old one and put new one on by same amount of turns if the same size) i have experienced sum difficulties in retsining my once perfect tracking.

so just for the sake of alot and trial and error just wondering if anyone has experienced this;

stearing whell straight = pullin right

driving in a straight line = steering whell pointing left ( 10.5 - 11 oclock approx)

this is the n/s passenger side of the car that i have changed any help will be mutch appreciated many thanks in advans :)

dcc

You've really answered your own question. Go get tracking done.

base-1

That. Even if you have the exact same part / manufacturer to replace with, threads are just specified to be in a hole so they won't always be the same distance from the mating face. Tracking will always need checking and probably resetting afterwards.

B1ack_Mi16

You should at least measure the distance from the pivot center of the rod end till where the inner rod starts to keep as reference when mounting the new rod end.

I'm usually doing it like this, and don't really need tracking set afterwards if done quite accurate.

ablister

sounds like you haven't wound the track rod end into the steering arm far enough