• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Furyblade_Lee

205 Challenge Suspension

Furyblade_Lee

Hi guys, I fancy upgrading the standard ( aka worn, knackered, old... ) suspension on our 205 Open which we use for autotesting / solos and road ralying. I have used the search mode here to get a few ideas and I think the Bilstein Challenge suspension is the one to go for. 2 questions, firstly I have phoned a company which supply these ( TI Motorsport?) left a couple of voicemails but got no response back from them? Is there anywhere else who can supply these or does anyone have a used set?

Secondly, what is it like? I think they are 160 front springs in the kit, what roughly would the spring rate be on my original springs for comparison?

Cheers

matt.f

I have these on my road rally car and from memory think Allanallen bought some a few

month back(also road rallies).A good setup imo.

Circa 180lb is what most people use.

Theres quite a few on eBay but make sure you buy the correct ones,off the top of my head V36 0547 and 0548

allanallen

Yep as Matt says I've got challenge spec fronts with Peter llyod Tarmac springs (180lb) and grpA rears. Very good setup for the money IMO, I got mine off batfink (www.kamracing.co.uk)

Al

Batfink

I might have all the stock of Group A rears now. I think they are a special order item now so we have to order 50 sets at a time!

matt.f

Are they 2313,might be wrong with numbers there.Tarmac.

The 1038's that some people refer to as gp n or some fast road,are infact forest setting I'm told by a Very reliable source and Bilstein/PTS stockist for quite some time now

allanallen

From memory I think they're 2313s, they're double the price of the 1038s though!