• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
boldy205

Pas To Non Pas

boldy205

Hi, i have had a search but the words PAS dont like the search function much!!

I am converting from a dry PAS rack to a quick rack. Looking at the input part of the rack (the bit the UJ goes onto) looks buck shorter on the non PAS rack, so i need a NON PAS lower UJ i guess?

Any ideas on where to get this? I remember a while back i got a new PAS lower UJ from pugs (when i didnt have a mortgage!!) For about £80ish!

Thanks

Matt

Anthony

Yes, the lower column/UJ will need to be changed.

There's two different types of non-PAS UJ - the spline type on earlier racks, and the square type on later racks.

You can use Google to search this site with three letter words btw rather than relying on the forum search function, and indeed, unless you're using a particular search criteria, I tend to find that using Google is easier to get the results that you're after. Just add the following after your search string:

site:forum.205gtidrivers.com

And it will only display results from this site, rather than the usual rubbish that it'll bring up :)

boldy205

Hi Anthony, hope all is well. Thanks for the tip on searching, would it be a good idea to link the standard forum search to google? I have no ides how you would stand with Google, but may solve lots of easy to answer posts??

Back on topic, thats great, mine is a spline so will get a new lower UJ!

PS, if anyones got a very good non PAS lower UJ, they want to swap for a (i THINK very good, sub 2k miles lower PAS UJ, will check) then give me a PM!!

Thanks

Matt

Anthony

I'm pretty sure that I can help you with that if you can't find one closer to home - I'll dig it out of the garage in a bit and drop you a PM :)

boldy205

Smashing ta!