• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
m@ttc

Anti Roll Bar Corrosion Problem?

m@ttc

today i removed the front anti roll bar, i plan on changing the two bushes. Only i notice on the roll bar itself where the nobbly bit is where one of the bushes sits, its a little corroded, the bush had rust dust in it. My question is - is this a common finding? will i require a new roll bar? as this has got to shorten the life of a new bush, no? also am i right in thinking the dealers dont do these any more? if so where the best place to get them i want to keep it standard. matt

pug_ham

Rust on the arb is very common imo, look at any car over 10 years old in the uk & I expect you'll find they are rusty.

If you clean any loose rust or surface pitting away from the bush area it'll be fine imo, certainly no need to replace the arb anyway.

The front arb bushes are still available from Peugeot, part number are 5094 42 & 5094 43, the only downside is you usally have to buy each bush in pairs so you have double what you need but they are only #£3 each so at under £13 for four you can't go wrong.

g

m@ttc

hey thats gret to know, thanks. no need to pay nearly £20 for a pair off ebay now :)

pug_ham
hey thats gret to know, thanks. no need to pay nearly £20 for a pair off ebay now :)
Indeed not, if you want to be like those ebay sellers you could buy the minimum two sets from Peugeot & sell one set for more than you pay for them both on ebay. ;)

g

m@ttc

managed to clean up the area pretty good, just wondered if it's ok to paint the area?? i've got hammerite smooth will that be ok? or is it best to leave just metal?

pug_ham

You can paint it but think you leave the bush area bare metal.

Anyone?

g