• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pug_ham

Smaller (Base Model) Servo, Bigger Master Cylinder?

pug_ham

I'm putting some bits together for a car I'm buiding up & have a base model servo I'm considering using on it.

I also have a 22.2m m/c which I'm thinking of using with this servo, my thinking being that with the lower servo assitance meaning you need to push the pedal harder then a bigger m/c would make a better combination moving more fluid for the same pressure.

Opinions please.

g

allye

I used to run full 1.9 gti front setup, then changed to my old bade model servo(purely because I had painted it and I had spilt brake fluid on my larger GTI item!) I noticed no change what so ever to the brakes, still as good as they were before.

pug_ham

Having driven the car with this servo fitted for a few weeks before I stripped it the brakes were fine (even with solid discs) but I seem to remember having to give the pedal a harder prod than on my GTI for what felt like the similar amount of braking action which is why I started thinking about using the smaller servo with a bigger mc.

It'll be down to personal taste in the end but thought I'd put the idea out there for wider consideration.

g

dave205

Ive ran a base model servo on my gti for nearly 1000 miles now, and its no different. I am also considering fitting a 406 m/c for the same reasons you are.

Is it a direct fit? Let me know how yours goes and what the results are like.

Cheers

Dave

MiniGibbo

So if ive read this right, changing to a larger servo wouldnt be worth the effort over a base model item.

pug_ham
Ive ran a base model servo on my gti for nearly 1000 miles now, and its no different. I am also considering fitting a 406 m/c for the same reasons you are.

Is it a direct fit?

Ok, thanks.

It should fit straight on if your 406 m/c has the same mounting flange angle, mine is from a 405 & bolts straight on but I need to check the servo rod length before I put it all together, might be a month or so until its on the road to give feedback, the car is pretty much just a shell atm.

So if ive read this right, changing to a larger servo wouldnt be worth the effort over a base model item.

I'd personally never consider moving to a larger servo than the oe spec 225mm GTI servo but the base model is smaller at either 178mm or 200mm depending on diesel or petrol models looking at service box.

Peugeot must've considered the change as worth while originally but in the end its down to personal preference & I don't expect there to be very much difference.

g