• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnhenry

Issues With Drop Links Braking, Whilst Installing, Thoughts Please?

johnhenry

Morning all

in the process of dropping a passenger side strut today to reset the mounting parts, i noticed the drop link of the drivers side has broken on the damper attachment area. Its now done this on both sides.

The car is lowered about 35mm on the eibach 6001 (can remember the specifics but they're the lowered ones!)

would the lowered put extra stress on the drop links? or would the changing angle of the anti roll bar accomodate this?

your thoughts please?

Ps - ive used several motorfactor brands of drop link, havent used delphi yet, what would you think?

Cheers

John

welshpug

got the dampers on the correct sides?

johnhenry

yeah i think so

they are bilstein b4's and have the little notch on the back to fit the hub slots onto, so im 99% sure the damper unit is on the right side. am i missing something maybe?

pugdamo

I think he meant have you got the strut on the right side as in left/right,if you had the O/S strut on the N/S then the mount for the drop link would be facing the front of the car instead of the rear,im not sure if the strut was on the wrong side whether you could even get the drop link to bolt on but its very possible that if it would bolt on with the strut on the wrong side it would break the drop link.

Lowering a car will have no effect on the drop links because as you said the anti roll bar will move

johnhenry

i see what you mean with struts now, ill check tomorrow, i dont think you could physically get the drop links to fit if they were the wrong way round, but ill check tomorrow!