• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
TheHawk

How Low Can Adjusting The Torsion Bar Make Your Car

TheHawk

I have been reading the guide on the main GTI drivers website about adjusting the torsion bar to lower the rear. I am looking to lower the rear of my GR by around 40mm will this be achievable by adjusting the torsion bar alone or will additional parts be required? I'm sorry if this is a silly question but I'm still new to the car game any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again

Dale

Anthony

Providing that you free off both ends of the torsion bar, you have a huge range of adjustment, from grinding along the floor to jacked up higher than a typical Landy, and anywhere in between to a 2-3mm interval.

You'll likely want somewhere around 315-318mm between shock centers (unloaded) with base model torsion bars for 40mm lower.

peterjohnson6037

Anybody know what is the measure beween shock centers (unloaded) for normal ride height on a 1.9 gti?

Cheers.

Anthony

Approximately 322mm for a standard height 205 GTi

TheHawk

Thanks for the quick response and cheers for the clarification i shall be giving it a go next week so wish me luck!