• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Namder

Brake Brain?

Namder

Some help need from the experinced minds please, i've come to change the brake pads in my 205

to find the previous owner has converted the girling calipers using spacers to 283mm disc, i'm struggleing to see the advantage of keeping the system for two reasons first weight and second the pads don't seem to wear properly as the edge nearest the outer rim overlaps the disc.

is there better reason for keeping the bigger disc eg. will i be getting better leverage / stopping power?

i'll be fitting ds2500 pads not sure whats in at the mo but the brakes seemed ok before

any advice welcome thanks

engine killer

I had this setup (black diamond?) before. it was one of the 3 biggest improvement in my brake upgrade history, the others are pedal box and 4 pot.

the better leverage transformed the car's braking power to a very high level, highly recommend you to keep it especially you already have it.

do not understand your second point.

Batfink

I had this and to be honest never thought they were that great. I took them off and just ran decent pads.

Cameron

As above, save some weight and get rid. Fit those DS2500 and that will probably bring you back to the same level.

engine killer

didn't know it was too bad to you guys.

Namder

time is on my side so i swapped to smaller disc with ds2500, how long should they take to bed in?

if i notice a difference in stopping power after they've bedded in i'll put the bigger dics back on.

thanks for advice