• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jonb_5

Turreting The Rear

jonb_5

Hi,

I now have Colin's phone number so will give him a ring and discuss, however in the event he is unable to do this for me, does anyone know of any other companies in the south west that may be able to do this?

Batfink

The person that did mine was Mark Shillaber from SRD. He originally used large tubing to make the turret which fouled when I used wide tyres, but Colin did a different design turret on the new shell. Mark removed the torsion bars on mine though so its slightly different.

Sandy

I don't like to drag this out, but Cameron I think you're mis-representing me again. I never said it was exclusively something we/Colin could do, I said someone of Colin's calibre; you're driving a personal agenda here I think.

The work Mark did on Batfink's car is a good example of my point. Mark's a very capable and clever engineer/fabricator (also a friend of mine), he even went and wisely/cheekily asked to take measurements from Colin's car when he was doing the work, but as Kevin has alluded to, there were compromises in what he did there, that weren't an issue with Colin's design.

Cameron

I don't have anything personal against you, maybe I got the wrong idea from your first post. I just want to see people being informed fairly and it seemed that you were suggesting it would only be Colin who was capable of doing the job properly. I guess we've established that isn't the case, so I won't say any more.

jonb_5

Just a quick question regarding the front setup of the car to match there rear.

I am ordering some Gaz coilovers, should I get them to suit the eccentric top mounts or is this not worth the extra money and just keep standard, bearing in mind the mods I am having done on the back.

Thanks

Jon

welshpug

Harry Hockly Motorsport do a similar arrangement but ditch the complete beam assembly.

http://www.hh-ms.com...pendent_sus.htm

Bic used to have a wide bodied 106 many will remember with a HHMS setup, latterly a project/showcase car for Streamline Carbon afaik, tons of pics here, K16Pug, http://s259.photobuc...profile/Bic2000

carpic2.jpg

1061piecereardoorcards.jpg

variousagain047.jpg

Harrys016.jpg

Edited by welshpug

tri_longer

Thats definitely not Mod Prod complient, bloody shame though.

• Like 1

Cameron

EWW what happened to those door bars? :o

custard-rallye

Looks good but 3k ouch will leave that for a while I think