• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
88lp

F&r Speaker Cut Out Width

88lp

I recently fitted a new pair of 5", 13cm two way Phillips speakers in the front as basic replacements and everything fit perfect, no probs. So I went back to the same shop and bought another identical pair of the Phillips 13cm speakers for the rear but the frame of the speaker at the back is way too wide for them to sit flush against the body in the rear cut outs.

Can anyone confirm the front and rear speaker holes have different size cut out widths even though they both take 13cm speakers?

Anthony

That's correct - whilst both are nominally for 13cm speakers, the rear cutout is actually a few millimetres smaller than the front which together with the lack of depth makes it a little awkward to find suitable speakers for the rear.

Edit: Just found the measurements from my car - 11.3cm for the rear cutouts vs 11.9cm for the fronts.

Edited by Anthony

88lp

Thanks mate, much appreciated! :)

I got the same measurement as you for the rear but after already wasting half the day on it for nothing I couldn't be bothered removing a front. The fact I didn't keep the receipt for the second set because I was so sure they'd fit exactly like the fronts didn't help my mood either. :rolleyes: