• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dave205

Pas Racks

dave205

Now my gti is up together and on the road, after going to pugfest i want another little project, so have decided to put some power steering on it.

A few questions though:

What are the differences between the different 205/106 racks etc.

I have pas racks off the following 205's 1.8 diesel, 1.8 turbo diesel and you guessed it a 1.8 dturbo!I also have a 106 1.1 rack and a saxo vtr one. Does anyone know how many turns they all are and what will fit or need modifying.

Im planning on running an electric pump off the 106 will a small resevoir as most people on here do.

• Like 1

Anthony

106/Saxo racks won't fit.

205/309 PAS racks are all 3.2 turn lock to lock (3.9 turn for a non-PAS)

j_turnell

Afaik 106 racks are completely different fitment and cant be interchanged, using the electric pump though is doable. The diesel pas rack can be used no problem. This going in an 8v or mi/gti-6 as the parts needed will vary??

A search will answer most of your questions though tbh, there are lots on steering racks.

dave205

Afaik 106 racks are completely different fitment and cant be interchanged, using the electric pump though is doable. The diesel pas rack can be used no problem. This going in an 8v or mi/gti-6 as the parts needed will vary??

A search will answer most of your questions though tbh, there are lots on steering racks.

Im running a 2.0 turbo engine in mine. What parts will vary then?

Yeah there are loads , thats where i read up about the 106 electric pump.

dave205

106/Saxo racks won't fit.

205/309 PAS racks are all 3.2 turn lock to lock (3.9 turn for a non-PAS)

Cheers anthony, i'll go with one of the 205 racks i have then, i'll reduce lock by .7 of a turn at least.