• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Sinbad

Brake Servo-What Will Fit?

Sinbad

After taking my master cylinder off the servo as the pedal was sticking,i pressed the pedal and it stayed down,so need to change the servo.

Im running a standard 1.6 bendix master,what brake servo will work with this master??

Theres a base model 205 in a scrappies near me,will that work??

Or theres loads of 106/206/306 in there,will any of them fit?

Thanks

Liquid_106

Service box 205 options are either 178mm, 200mm or 225mm diameter and all look to be the the same fitting, so you could use a base model but assume the servo assistance would be less. Just make sure you get the same version you have currently, Bendix / Bosch.

Hope you get it all sorted!

Edited by Liquid_106

Sinbad

Cheers mate

mhyphenl

On this topic but totally hijacked. I've just bought a nwe Bosch servo, 225mm which as mentioned is the max size and it's simply too big. It won't fit under the scuttle tray. On checking the Haynes it actually quotes that only Left hand drive cars can accept a 225mm the rest are all 178mm or no servo at all on base models. I can't find anyone who even stocks anything other than 225mm. I really need to get this sorted this week, any ideas at all???

Carbs4me

If you have a local top gear go to them, they should be able to get the part your after but it will be a non orginal part, but brand new