• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Atreides

Best Place To Get A Refurb Rack From?

Atreides

I know the Peugeot racks were far superior to most of the rubbish that's about these days, so now that Peugeot have stopped supplying them, does anyone know of a decent place to buy a (decently) refurbed steering rack from?

dcc

low miler shell from scrap yard.

or buy a drive and spline kit from quaiffe and 'build' one yourself

Tom Fenton

What is the matter with yours? All that is usually needed is a new bush in the N/S end of the rack. You can of course inspect the rest and change the bearings whilst there, but in my experience they are usually all ok and a clean and re-grease is sufficient.

clen666

Is there a guide anywhere on how to strip a rack down and replace bearings?

I've a xsara vts rack that I would like to ensure is tip top before fitting

Atreides

Is there a guide anywhere on how to strip a rack down and replace bearings?

I wouldn't mind knowing this, as well. My rack has a bit of lateral play on the N/S...

Tom, can you still buy the bearing separately (or even from Peugeot)? Do you happen to have any part numbers?

Alan_M

I wouldn't mind knowing this, as well. My rack has a bit of lateral play on the N/S...

Tom, can you still buy the bearing separately (or even from Peugeot)? Do you happen to have any part numbers?

Do a search, as I posted a few lines on how to pull them to pieces several years ago.

On the bearing, depends which rack you have as a certain type has a unique bearing that seemingly is pain to get hold of!