• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
CCollier300571

Tyre Choice And Dodgy Handleing

CCollier300571

surely if you swap the wheels to the front and things are ok then it has to be something simple like massively overinflated tyres or your wheel bolts are loose.

Im currently running 31 front and 28 rear, but i have varied it. I was talking to a chap at work about it and he has a similar prob on his MR2, but he cant swap the tyres round on that because of the size difference, but hes been told just to put new tyres on as hes done all the bushes.

CCollier300571

You had it on a 4 wheel aligner to check front and rear toe?

Hopeing to get that done this weekend. At least i then wont need it doing when i do put the new rubber on. Cheers

jackherer

Looks ok. It looks like it had uprated shocks alround at some point as they are all Monroe, but it might be an option to fit some "genuine" items back on to see what standard setups like.

Monroe dampers on a 205 GTI will be a massive downgrade from OE, even pretty old rough looking OE dampers are hard to beat on these cars.

• Like 1

CCollier300571

Monroe dampers on a 205 GTI will be a massive downgrade from OE, even pretty old rough looking OE dampers are hard to beat on these cars.

Ive seen some adjustable "gas" dampers on ebay. Brand new at a ton. Considering going for them. That way i can adjust to what i want

Tom Fenton

Assuming it is a road car, a very good damper is the OE Peugeot item as fitted to 306 GTI6 which is now listed as replacement for our 205's.

Approx £85 a pair brand new from the dealer. Part number is either 5206K6 or 5206TE, one has been superceeded by the other, but I cannot remember which way around.

CCollier300571

Ive seen some adjustable "gaz" dampers on ebay. Brand new at a ton. Considering going for them. That way i can adjust to what i want

CCollier300571

Assuming it is a road car, a very good damper is the OE Peugeot item as fitted to 306 GTI6 which is now listed as replacement for our 205's.

Approx £85 a pair brand new from the dealer. Part number is either 5206K6 or 5206TE, one has been superceeded by the other, but I cannot remember which way around.

Yes its a road car. Which would be the best though. Standard genuine ones or adjustable uprated ones. The ones im looking at are on ebay under "GAZ" for the 205 gti. cheers

martyn180

go for the 5206K6 rear dampers , slight upgrade from standard off the gti6, direct from dealers. and get it 4 wheel aligned.

welshpug

K6 was the old part number, Superseeded by TE, they are listed for the 205 as well as the 306 so no need to confuse the parts man :)

martyn180

K6 was the old part number, Superseeded by TE, they are listed for the 205 as well as the 306 so no need to confuse the parts man :)

Not hard most don't know what a 205 is.

• Like 2

CCollier300571

Had it 4 wheel aligned and a pair of Bridgestone 300 v rated fitted. Made no end of difference but there is still something else. i guess its the shockers next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!