• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cheesegrater

Doors!

cheesegrater

I'm after 2 new doors for my Miami ph2 GTI but will any door spec 205 fit as in how are the mouldings attached or is it just easier to find two good GTI doors? Also I have the litten plug style door connectors, how easy is it to convert these back to the rubber boot style, are they link looms or hardwired into the back of the fusebox?

Thanks

Tom

Tom Fenton

By far easiest is to get the right doors. The cut outs for the wiring link are a different size. The non-GTI doors don't have the mounting rivets for the bodykit. Nothing insurmountable but worth trying to get the correct bits for the car to make life easier to be honest.

steve@cornwall

would definately go for Gti doors, just for the moulding fixings issue. Whilst its very easy to whack a set of mouldings on with some self tappers - the peugeot system is really quite clever and allows for the plastic moulding to expand! Any sunshine directly on them and my self-tapped mouldings start bowing out from the door and looking rediculous!!

B1ack_Mi16

It's quite easy to just attach the Peugeot rivets to the door though, and use the standard mounting kit.