• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
TheHawk

Pins That Make Door Stay Open

TheHawk

Hi there im changing the rear doors on my GR model and have hit a snag i was wondering how to remove the pins that keep the bit of metal that makes the door stay open as the door i got was already removed when i got it!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Dale

Atreides

Do you mean the metal arm itself (in the door), or separating the metal arm from the pillar?

If it's the former, just unbolt the 2 10mm bolts and remove from the door. To remove the pins from the pillar, just knock the centre piece through with a suitable screwdriver and hammer from below.

matt.f

Think he means checkstrap

TheHawk

Sorry im new to the 205 game and cars in general as my 205 is my first car! There's one bit of metal attached to the door and another to the car and they are held to gether by a pin in the middle I just need to know how to get the pin out!

sharpm

its a split pin, so try and squeeze it with a pair of grips and soak with wd40 to loosen it, then hammer it out gently from above while making sure that you dont bend the bracket attached to the body too much.

Baz

It's actually a rollpin, just knock it through.

The checkstrap itself is bolted through the inside of the door, undo two 10mm nuts to remove it.

matt.f

What baz says^^^