• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
martyxs

Rubber Seal For Sliding Sunroof With Windshield?

martyxs

Hi all,

My 205 has the big sliding sunroof with the plastic windshield bit that goes up just under the aerial. The rubber strip that sealed underneath the windshield deteriorated, cracked and shrunk so I ended up removing most of it but left a small part the windshield would vibrate a bit at speed. I'm now a bit worried about water running back under the windshield as there is a slight gap around the seal at the front of the sunroof. I thought I might seal up the gap in the sunroof seal a bit anyway but Peugeot dealers don't have the rubber strip on their parts catalogue. Any ideas where I might be able to get one at all? I thought about places that do aftermarket sunroof repairs/fitting? I did even consider just removing the plastic windshield?

Daviewonder

Can't help with the shield rubber. The sunroof gap is not a gap that water can get into the car through. The sunroof seal sits under the glass out of the way. Any water that goes through that gap will run out of the drain holes.

• Like 1

martyxs

Cool, cheers Daviewonder. That's one less potential leak hole to worry about :)

omri617

Can't help with the shield rubber. The sunroof gap is not a gap that water can get into the car through. The sunroof seal sits under the glass out of the way. Any water that goes through that gap will run out of the drain holes.

about this , in my car , when excessive rain , i noticed 2 placed that leak :

the sunvisor mounting , and somewhere beneath the sunroof..

help would be appreciated!

post-19435-0-25502500-1339909982_thumb.jpg

post-19435-0-95772700-1339909992_thumb.jpg

Chile

Most likely the drains are clogged. There are 4 drains for the sunroof area: two hoses at the front (each side) and two at the rear (each side). They drain to the front and rear wheelarches respectively. If they are clogged, water will acumulate and eventualy leak into the car. Use a wire with a bent end clean them up.

omri617

checked them , and they are ok , not clogged..

the plastic trim of the sunroof , does it connect by anyway to the inside of the car?

engine killer

you may also check the aerial mounting. there should be a rubber washer to seal the water leaking in from there. undone the reading light / sun-roof lock surrounding and you will see.

mine went leaking a few years ago and shorted the infra red remote locking receiver's circuit and caused smoke (almost fire) there while raining heavily.