• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Paul_13

What Hose Do People Use For The Brake Servo?

Paul_13

I've got a feeling mine's on the way out and want to replace it, just seeing what other people use.

Is normal rubber hose ok to use? Or some reinforced stuff?

Thanks

Paul

Tom Fenton

You can buy specific rubber hose suitable for vacuum. Don't use normal heater type hose as it can suck flat.

• Like 1

Paul_13

Spot on :)

What's the diameter? Having a blonde moment

*EDIT* 9.5mm according to service box

Edited by Paul_13

Daviewonder

Local motor factors will sell servo hose by the metre mate.

ALEX

Make sure you get the right stuff.

I was supplied heater hose (even though I requested vac hose) and that slowly sucked flat over a period of weeks.

I though it would only mean the servo wasn't as effective and intended to source some new (Peugeot only wanted to sell a full roll). So I left it, untill I noticed the rear wheels would lock up on hard braking.

It nearly killed me and I'm lucky to be still here as I ended up in a spin doing 60mph (leagal speed limit at the time) on a busy b road between Huddersfield and Wakefield.

Somehow I just missed a transit van, a row of cars and a motorcycle comming the otherway also doing about 60. I did a 270° spin on my side of the road ending up with the back wheels on the kirbside.

I remember the motorcyclist was shaking his head at me as he passed, he must have thought I was some kind of boy racer!

I found the original hose in the bin when I got home and fitted it, which stopped rear wheels from locking locking up.

miamichris

I've bought this hose from peugeot before, it was around 20 quid iirc and you just cut it to length, probably enough to do 2 cars I think.

jackherer

I've driven lots of cars including 205s with the servo disconnected, it has never affected the brake balance in any way.

ALEX

I've driven lots of cars including 205s with the servo disconnected, it has never affected the brake balance in any way.

I did wonder why it would lock the rear wheels up under hard braking.

All I know changing the hose back to the original one fixed it.

Maybe It was a combination of a worn out compensator and a throttled Servo pipe.