• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dch1950

Ramier Replica Fabric For Ph1 Owners

dch1950

Hi all,

A spin off of my research into material suppliers for my firm is that I trawl round various obscure sites in my quest for new sources of materials. This particular discovery will be useful to PH 1 owners looking for new insert fabric (the 2 tone grey with red stripe) called "Ramier". This supplier is not "approved" by the regulatory body of the 205 Club de France, It has been well received by French club members though. This material is not cheap (€206 plus P+P for all 4 seats) but it does look good. French purchasers say that the dark grey is marginally darker (than the OEM fabric) and the red stripe is narrower (-1mm).

I have not acquired any samples so I don't know how the fabric would stand up to real wear as no industry test info or technical details are available. That aside if you are interested then I publish the contact information here:

C.T.A.I

7 & 8 ZA du Tubé

13800 ISTRES

France

(T) 04 42562243

email: ctai-istres@orange.fr

here's a picture of a guy's newly renovated seats - looks nice.

I have emailed this firm with a view to getting some discount for forum members if a group buy was initiated. No reply as yet though.

regards

Dave

• Like 1

Alan77

Interesting, very interesting....

Quite pricey though.

dch1950

Hi,

Yes it seems to be the case with French suppliers, ASCI sell black needlecord @ €48 per metre, and this (relatively speaking) is about €100 per metre. Following that other great French tradition they don't reply to emails from across the pond either :ph34r:. I can't see how they can maintain interest at that price.

regards

Dave

PS - Tom Fenton - you inbox is full (I think) and you aren't answering emails so please get in touch - Dave.