• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SteveW

Best Brake Disc's To Use On My Gti-6 Front Set Up With Ds3000 Pads

SteveW

Hi all, i have done 2 trackdays now with the ds3000 pads fitted and have warped 2 pairs of disc's, the first set of disc's i had came with the pads and had done a few trackdays before i bought them with no probs, the second set were the ones i had on the car since i built it and i warped them yesterday at donington. Anyone use ds3000 pads on a gti-6 front brake set up can recommend me some disc's that wont warp, cheers for any help

Steve

Batfink

what brand are you using? I would stick to big brands that have a proper quality control of the iron content in their discs. Try Brembo plain discs. Are the discs discolouring? You might be overheating them so you might need to think about ducting air in.

Edited by Batfink

shalmaneser

You can't really go wrong with Brembo plain discs.

Tom Fenton

The best improvement you will make are some proper brake ducts to get some cool air into the caliper/disc area. Once you have done this you will find that you can probably go down a pad grade and still get the same kind of braking performance.

The other thing I have to say, is think about taking some tuition to alter your driving style, it may be that you can be faster by altering your style to carry speed, be smoother, use the brakes less. Certainly on any circuit I have been to the tuition is by far the cheapest way to go faster compared to spending more on go faster bits for the car.

SteveW

think they are bugdet to be honest, both were second hand. the set i warped yesterday i have been using with mintex 1144 without problem but i must be generating much more heat with the ds3000's, the disc had a blue tint to them. I will get some genuine brembo plain discs and duct airflow to the brakes. thanks for the help Batfink

matt.f

Another vote for Brembo plain discs

• Like 1

SteveW

cheers lads, brembo plain disc's i will get, thanks for your help :)

Edited by SteveW

Wes

where is the cheapest place to get the brembo discs from? ive warped mine and the judder is getting annoying.

Josh_Quant

A.l.S Probs

Tom Fenton

GSF sell Brembo discs at a pretty competitive price. In fact they are about the only thing they sell that is worth buying...

Wes

gsf dont list them on their site :angry: and they have got 10% off brakes at the mo. i'll give them a ring tomorrow, anyone got a part number for the gti6 discs?

Wes

cheers. anyone know if gsf are likely to have them in stock? i can pop into the poole branch on friday.