• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
scottbarton

Side Window Fittings...simple Job, Big Difference!

scottbarton

Got to be the simplest job i have done so far, and wow what a difference! From weathered 22 year old silver......and back to black!

Before:

IMG00143-20120513-1719.jpg

5 minutes later......

IMG00144-20120513-1731.jpg

Top job!

Alan77

I hope you got them from Peugeot, and not paid double for them on ebay...

I've just recently done the same, and these little thingymebobs are available from pug.

stufarri

I hope you painted them with satin black paint and didn't buy new ones!

• Like 1

S@m

Just for reference to anyone who sees this topic, the part number for the caps is 857379 - available from citroen and peugeot. In fact most will have them in stock because they are the same part as used on citroen berlingos/peugeot partners and are very common for coming loose on those due to being on the sliding door.

Sam

Ryan

The new ones are a better design than the old ones too. The old ones are painted plastic with a threaded insert and a sealing washer. The new ones are metal and the rubber cover doubles as the seal - no paint to fade.

Edited by Ryan

Luke

Looks good. Definatly the next job for me!

scottbarton

Just for reference to anyone who sees this topic, the part number for the caps is 857379 - available from citroen and peugeot. In fact most will have them in stock because they are the same part as used on citroen berlingos/peugeot partners and are very common for coming loose on those due to being on the sliding door.

Sam

If only I had seen a thread with this info on before I was tempted to the evils of eBay! Ha ha!

Learnt my lesson on this one! Note to self....check with main dealer before parting with hard earned cash for bits and bibs on eBay!

Oh well.....

AlexRS2782

Looks good. This reminds me that i should probably do mine at some point in the near future.

Thanks Sam for quoting the part number to avoid the ebay overpricing :)

Edited by AlexRS2782

MiniGibbo

I don't have these, mine is just a peice of glass :/

Sinbad

How much are they from peugeot?

Liquid_106

How much are they from peugeot?

8573 12 Nut with Base £3.86 inc VAT

Superseded by:

8573 79 Cap Nut £2.11 inc VAT

Edited by Liquid_106
  • Like 1

Ryan

£2.11. The covers act as the seal, so no need to buy new sealing washers either.

Edited by Ryan

allye

£2.11 each!? :huh:

Anthony

I don't have these, mine is just a peice of glass :/

Because Rallye's and other poverty spec models didn't have opening rear quarter windows

scottbarton

The ones I got had the new washers with them. I don't think they would seal otherwise? Also got new screws with them, torx rather than cross head.

Pugleyrich

Hi. Can anyone confirm that 857379 is the correct part number for these? Just at my dealer and they have ordered 857378 and I have already paid for them. They are now saying that they may not be able to return them and think that I gave them the wrong number! I gave them the one from this thread so just want to be sure!

S@m

857378 is not correct, im afraid; that part number is for the trim that covers the screw on the inside of the window only on the latest type of Berlingo/Partner.

857379 is the correct number for the later type outer nut/cover that does not require a separate seal like the early ones, which were 857312 if i recall.

Edited by S@m

Pugleyrich

Thanks Sam, that's really helpful. It will help my argument with the dealer who wants me to take the berlingo parts even though I gave them the right number and they wrote it down wrong. Martins in Winchester may be one to avoid if anyone is looking for classic parts.